Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Revenge

Yesterday, while driving home form my guitar lesson, I was channel surfing and came across a radio station where the host was thankful that the gunner in yesterdays tragedy killed himself so that A: the justice system wouldn’t get a chance to “screw things up” by letting him off without the death penalty, and B: that he wouldn’t spend 20 or so years waiting for the death penalty while just soaking up tax payer dollars. I quickly changed the channel, so I don’t even know who I was listening too, but the level of revenge that people seek is very disheartening. I know that not everyone agrees with that sentiment, but I also know that those statements do represent the thoughts of a lot of people out there. I have a lot of upset thoughts on the matter, but I really don’t feel like fishing them out in a logical manner right now so I’ll just leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home