Thursday, March 16, 2006

Watching the World Baseball Classic is more dangerous than a horror flick at our house.

Every now and then Jori and I will be watching a suspenseful movie. During the more climactic/suspenseful scenes Jori usually reaches over for any appendage she can grab on me and then hold on for life. Holding on is actually putting it kindly. It is more like intense squeezing and pinching.
The other night the two of us were watching the World Baseball Classic together as Japan was taking on the US. Jori of course was pulling for Japan, and I was pulling for the US. The game was very close throughout, and in the later innings when it was tied, there were several opportunities for either Japan or USA to pull ahead. During these "suspenseful" moments I was squeezed, pinched, and hit multiple times. I don't think it helped matters that Japan was robbed of a crucial go-ahead run in the 7th inning either. Team USA went on to win the game 4-3.
I do have to say though, that watching team Japan was more fun than watching team USA if only for the fact that team Japan played such wonderful fundamental baseball (minus one or two blunders).
It was a fun night overall.

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jori said...

I did not hit you, you wimp.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger sharda said...

ok, so maybe I exaggerated a bit with the hitting. But you admit to the pinching and squeezing!!! I have evidence!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home